November 19, 2012

day one.....gratefulness


thanksgiving and being grateful surely work well together, so i thought maybe all this week i'd share a few of the things i'm currently grateful for.
*
1. walking  hand in hand with the love of my life through the conservancy this past weekend and realizing that five miles is so  much longer than either of us had imagined and being grateful that we were doing it together. 
~
2. weather that has been more than wonderful for this time of year.
~
3. having "the kids" {which include a fiancé and a grand-dog} over for sunday night dinner and being able to grill burgers {stuffed with onions and gorgonzola} because of the wonderful weather.
~
4. my acupuncturist who always makes me laugh with her broken english and who gives me the ability to completely relax and clear my mind.
~
5. morning hugs given so tenderly and never forgotten
*


15 comments:

  1. Aha happy days it sure is to you my friend.
    Smiles Dagmar

    ReplyDelete
  2. It seems you have much to be grateful for, and not to demean the others, that Gorgonzola burger sounds great.

    ReplyDelete
  3. You do indeed have much to be thankful for. You've inspired me to do a similar post for this week. When you talked about your acupuncturist's broken english, it reminded me of the owner of a Chinese restaurant I used to take the kids to. She knew us well and would always pride herself on knowing what each of us liked. The one that always made us laugh was something with veggie-table. She couldn't say vegetables for anything and we'd always chuckle.

    ReplyDelete
  4. All good things. All of it. Um, especially those burgers if you want to know the honest truth . . . yum.

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful gratitude list.
    do you mind saying.....is your
    acupuncture for the purpose of
    relaxing
    or is it just a nice side effect?
    i'm thinking of doing some of that
    and would love to hear your thoughts.
    always love,
    Jennifer

    ReplyDelete
  6. Nice...
    So glad you have such good loving.
    Hugs !

    ReplyDelete
  7. Your list makes me smile, especially those morning hugs!

    ReplyDelete
  8. That's a precious list full of family love. It's nice to actually stop and count the blessings sometimes. (And those burgers sound too good.)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I especially like how much you enjoy your "new extended" family. I hope for that feeling myself someday.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth