January 7, 2011

savoring....

i am "savoring" everything so far this year
~
after all
it is my word. and i really want to do it proud.
~
so i savor
the alone time i have now with my hubby. the sand. the sun. oh the sun. the strangers i meet. sophie and her new found playfulness. the yummy chicken salad sandwich i had for lunch yesterday. the extra sleep we've been getting. pine cones and squirrels. cottages that look like a box full of crayons. the anticipation for new found friends visiting me next week. the live~love~laugh vases i found in the dollar bin at target the other day. forcing myself to journal everyday so far this year in hopes that it becomes a habit and the fact that so many of you came to my blog and shared your word for 2011 with me. i loved starting the new year that way.
~
i could go on and on
~
i guess
what i've realized so far
is that when i consciously try to savor everything
it's really hard to be in a bad mood
or
have a bad day
~
who knew
~
granted. i have to be honest with myself since we're only on day 7 of the new year.
but so far so good. keep bringing it on 2011. so far i really like you.
*
artwork above can be found here

23 comments:

  1. That artwork is so CUTE! And I'm glad you're successfully savoring away! As you should!

    Sun, sand, savor. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. yes, i have already fallen in love with 2011...

    keep savoring!

    ReplyDelete
  3. :) that is exactly as it should be girlfriend

    ReplyDelete
  4. Journaling is such a powerful tool helping with savouring each morsel of your life. Enjoy :-)

    ReplyDelete
  5. LOL...I am really liking 2011 so far. Yes, only 7 days in...but it's all good :). Keep savoring the moments Beth...and share them with us. That way we all can smile!

    ReplyDelete
  6. The sun is so savor-worthy.. or if in Canada, savoUr-worthy. ;)

    ReplyDelete
  7. Long may your savoring contine, makes each moment precious!

    ReplyDelete
  8. I think my blog is my journal. As close as I'm gonna get, anyway. You are starting the new year off with rejuvination (sp?). Best way I know of :-)

    ReplyDelete
  9. I have been savoring your earlier posts from this week (sorry I missed them at first go).I smile at them all. How glorious your sea is!
    Keep savoring every moment, Beth. We are all the beneficiaries.

    ReplyDelete
  10. i love this post- great advice .

    happy new year dear beth- wishing you the sweetest of blessings.

    ReplyDelete
  11. 7 days in is not bad. a whole week of the new year almost done. all you gotta do is savor 51 more. i think you can do it.

    :) Debi

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the artwork. Wow one week past 51 more to go makes you really see how important savoring each day is. Great word.
    leslie

    ReplyDelete
  13. I do believe you chose the right word to inspire you this year. Keep on Savoring!

    ReplyDelete
  14. Right now I am trying to "embrace" a winter cold...Enforced down time is about all it has going for it...and maybe cough drops:)

    ReplyDelete
  15. Can't wait to savor more of you savoring...close up even !
    Enjoy, Beautiful One !

    ReplyDelete
  16. Savor is a perfect word for you, Beth - i think it's a positive word and fits you well.

    ReplyDelete
  17. If only we all could savor more. Thats a nice goal to have, enjoy your savory 2011.
    I'm sure you will.

    ReplyDelete
  18. Great word - and a great way to get going for the new year with the journaling. Keep it up! Wonderful photos in the last while, too.

    ReplyDelete
  19. savour - what a wonderful choice!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Savor is an excellent word...mine is "achieve"!
    I hope we savor even the littlest of our achievements!?
    I have tried on so many occasions to keep a journal. I start out strong but then fizzle. Me and journaling just don't mesh!! ha!
    Hugs
    SueAnn

    ReplyDelete
  21. Simply divine, my friend. You can "hear" the "savor" in your voice. And who wouldn't -- it's wonderful!

    ReplyDelete
  22. Been doing my own savoring these past few weeks.... it is a wonderful word for the year!

    ReplyDelete
  23. You're doing pretty excellent so far...soaking up every ounce of goodness life is handing you.
    Cottages that look like a box of crayons? That sounds like the most perfect thing to photograph!!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth