February 27, 2009

can you see me now ?

If you really looked at me
you'd see
~that I'm not always as brave as I seem
~that I never wear jewelry of any kind while I'm inside my house
~that I can't go anywhere ever without lip balm or chapstick
~that I always want the underdog to win
~that my patience level for pretty much everything is too low
~that I'm a hugger
~that I try to get away with things like sneaking sophie into hotel rooms of
hotels that have a no dog policy
~that I can seem very demanding
~that the tone of my voice can be taken wrong and feelings can get crushed
~that I'm very organized and can always find the things that everyone
else thought were long lost
~that I eat the same flavored breakfast bar every morning
~that I would do pretty much anything for you if you asked me to help you
~that I love little furry animals of any kind even field mice
~that moving so many times has made me who I am today and I often wonder
who I'd be if I had stayed in one place
~that I loved being pregnant
~that I'm really picky when it comes to buying shoes
~that I don't wear socks with tennis shoes
~that I love make-up even though I don't wear much at all
~that I'm obsessed this season with the bachelor
~that I'm also obsessed with american idol
~that besides my hubby I only have one other best friend that I could call on for anything
~that I love wearing my bath robe
~that I still like paying my bills by writing checks
~that if someone writes a check ahead of me in line instead of using a debit card
I about go through the roof
~that I always say "excuse me" to anyone I walk in front of
~that I'm very picky when it comes to bed pillows
~that I don't make my bed every day with all the decorative pillows and comforter
unless company is coming over
~that I live with an "everything happens for a reason" attitude always
~that I have gotten really good at throwing things away
~that I love clean sheets
~that I love towels right out of the dryer
~that I can't carry a tune but sing loudly all the time to the music I love
~that I love vintage cottagey interior design
~that I want a cottage in florida
~that even though I hate grocery shopping
I love whole foods and trader joes
~that I'm wearing invisalign
~~~~~
you'd have to spend years to really know me but I thought you might enjoy these
little tid-bits
or
I bored you to death and you're long gone and already onto the next blog
*

22 comments:

  1. I loved every little bit I learned about you! I also loved being pregnant!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Very interesting! I think everyone should do this!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Actually, it's kind of scary how much I have in common with you, especially the lip balm and make-up thing.

    ReplyDelete
  4. holy crap it is like you are my chapstick wearing-bachelor watching-baby making-soul sister! Hahaa. My confession...I love reading lists.

    ReplyDelete
  5. you and I are a lot alike beth...i knew I liked you ;-) !! list making is good for the soul!

    ReplyDelete
  6. i really enjoyed getting to know you more beth.

    i too am picky when it comes to pillows...and that cottage in Fla -- yes, let's burn the winter boots. I can't believe i am actually saying that, as i love winter, but this one is just too much, even for me.

    xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  7. beth*
    such a lovely space. thank you for visiting my space & commenting.
    warmly,
    gem

    ReplyDelete
  8. I love this photo. It makes me want to break a window just to photograph it. Great list! We have similar TV tastes!

    ReplyDelete
  9. love getting to know more about you. I'm also very direct and say what I believe with such confidence that people can take it the wrong way....but I would give them the shirt off my back. I love the Bachelor too but I have a bad feeling with the dramatic ending they are buzzing about on TV. We need to chat about it!

    ReplyDelete
  10. We have soooo much in common-lame but I haveto do this on my blog and I am goingto start off with all the things that I have in common with you:)

    ~that I never wear jewelry of any kind while I'm inside my house (pathetic since I make jewelry-I also leave the house without my wedding bands and often wear the same pearl posts I have from Jonatha and Denise every day)
    ~that I always want the underdog to win
    ~that my patience level for pretty much everything is too low
    ~that I'm a hugger
    ~that I try to get away with things like opening 3-4 packages while shopping in the grocery store
    ~that I can seem very demanding
    anything for you if you aske~that
    ~that I loved being pregnant
    ~that I'm obsessed this season with the bachelor
    ~that I always say "excuse me" to anyone I walk in front of - working on not saying I'm sorry when there is no fault-it feels submissive
    ~that I'm very picky when it comes to bed pillows
    ~that I don't make my bed every day with all the decorative pillows and comforter
    unless company is coming over
    ~that I live with an "everything happens for a reason" attitude always
    ~that I love clean sheets
    ~that I love towels right out of the dryer
    ~that I can't carry a tune but sing loudly all the time to the music I love
    ~that I love vintage cottagey interior design

    and what is invisalign?

    ReplyDelete
  11. I love the photo and some of your list made me chuckle, especially about the person in front paying by cheque, not debit card ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  12. Hi! Isn't it strange how alike people are?

    I too, don't wear jewlery inside the house, still pay bills with checks (aan am the one writing a check in the check out line-lol), adore cottagey interior and want a cottage someday, obsessed with The Bachelor- but am nervous about the ending, hate grocery shopping, can not go ANYWHERE without lip balm, am organized enough to know where things are that everyone else has lost...just to name a few! Great post beth- always enjoy finding out more...

    ReplyDelete
  13. I relished every line!

    ReplyDelete
  14. not boring at all! I think you and I have a lot in common..like the love of all things furry (even mice) and our tone sometimes being taken wrong..

    thanks for stopping by my blog!! so kind of you to comment.

    yours is gorgeious!!!

    ReplyDelete
  15. I am a lip balm/ chapstick person too. I hate dry lips! And I love not only towels right out of the dryer, but dryer warmed clothes too!

    And I wore wirey braces as a kid. :D

    ReplyDelete
  16. beth keep writing... i feel privileged to have had our paths cross. i hope to learn more.

    ReplyDelete
  17. I cannot leave the house without lipbalm in my coat pocket, even if I never use it!
    and what's invisalign?

    ReplyDelete
  18. Not bored at all. I loved the tidbits. And, I loved discovering the ways we are alike. I'm right there with you on the bed pillows. I've drug my own pillow to Oregon from Missouri more than once.

    ReplyDelete
  19. Bored? Not on a bet! If you were my in-town friend, I would know these things but when you're far away and we've never met, then there's so much I don't know! Well, now I know more -- and it's the fun stuff!

    ReplyDelete
  20. Reading this, I really continue to wonder if there are, for the most part, several categories of people in this world. I am astonished that you wrote this--with the exception of invisalign and carrying the tune I wonder if we were separated at birth? It feels like it is about me! I have learned to stop going through the roof about waiting for people though, and it has been good for me. Wonderful blog. I really enjoy your musings.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth