February 2, 2009

blah blah blogger and barf

nope
no photo today as blogger is totally sucking at the moment
I tried 4 times to post a picture
and
the screen just kept looking at me
like I was a crazy woman
~
so without a picture
I feel like
a boob without a bra
a chip without dip
{you want to add your own don't you}
~
anyhow
I guess I'll just have to write a post about my exciting
PUKE FEST
that I had saturday night
yep
while suffering the worst migraine I have had in years
I vomited
18
times
~
my kids are all like
"gross, how do you know you puked 18 times, you were counting?"
and
I'm all like
"yes it was 18 times"
"what else is there to do while you're puking"
I mean
besides being amazed that the human body can even do something like that
~
okay
it's not that I haven't been that sick before
but
prior to this episode
it was ummm....self induced
~
those nights where your hubby reminds you that you can't handle
more than
3 margaritas
and you laugh at him like he's the silliest thing you've ever seen in your life
and
you keep drinking even when he's removing cups from your hand
and
you still keep laughing
all the way home
and
then about 3 hours later you're crawling to the bathroom
not laughing
and
this time
NOT
amazed at what your body can do
but
amazed at how stupid you can be
and
amazed at how smart and wonderful your hubby is
especially
after he has to play nurse to you for the next 24 hours
~
ANYHOW
the migraine finally went away
without the emergency room visit that kept playing in my mind
and
I had to stay inside all day yesterday due to the blinding sunlight
that could have thrown me right back
into the bathroom
but
I did manage to watch every second of the super bowl
and
now I'm in love with larry fitzgerald
who knew
?

11 comments:

  1. oh beth, i am so sorry -- i suffered from those for years and wouldn't wise them on my worst enemy. take good care of yourself, beth!! xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Migraines. Nothing worse. I keep a bottle of excedrin migraine in my purse at all times in case I feel something creeping on..I am terrified of them.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I've had those grenade-going-off-in-my-skull-please-make-me-unconscious headaches, but I have to say that I always found margaritas the remedy for everything. Oh my, another thing to rethink.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beth- you are so funny! Too bad about the migranes- I have never had the pleasure but I hear they are nasty! Take care and hopefully you and Blogger will be back on your feet soon!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  5. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Beth- I deleted the comment that was deleted (makes perfect sense to me!)- Blogger (not me!) had taken the liberty and posted my comment twice!

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  7. a boob without a bra....lollll. i love that you can be so funny when you feel so awful.
    thinking of you and wishing you didn't have days like these. xoxo

    ReplyDelete
  8. word id: byters
    byters sweet girl
    on the migraines
    I have only heard
    but clearly
    YOU are a strong
    AND funny one
    and brave
    best wishes on
    bouncing back
    Beth sweet darling girl...

    xox - eb.

    ReplyDelete
  9. You poor thing. Hurling had to hurt that shoulder, too. I mean, doesn't it get to your whole body, hanging out over the toilet and you think, "My knees hurt, my stomach hurts, my shoulders and back hurt and my head hurts and it won't stop." I would have counted, too. So glad it's better.

    ReplyDelete
  10. beth, i know you were in pain but i was laughing so hard from your vivid description!! xo

    ReplyDelete
  11. I am a migraine sister. I learned to look forward to vomiting because I always felt better afterwards. I don't know what I would do if I had to vomit 18 (hilarious that you were counting) times. I hope you get your strength back soon. I know how debilitating these headaches are.

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth