January 19, 2009

my love/hate relationship with RED

I didn't do a red journal page
because
I don't really like to paint with red paint
but
I like red paint when it's on walls
I guess when I think about it
I'm barely a red person
I don't wear red on my lips
but
I carry a red purse in the winter
and
if you looked in my closet
you wouldn't fine one red t-shirt or sweater
but
I like to write my important notes with a red marker
and
I have never worn red shoes
but
I'd love to have a pair to wear
when I'm feeling sassy
so with misty's prompt for a red page
a paint brush didn't speak to me at all
neither
did any of my pencils or oils or pastels
but
today my camera was screaming
RED
so I took my favorite little kids wicker chair
out into the snow
and
I was very happy
but
then I got inside
and
pulled the pictures up and saw
RED
and
decided I do love red
~~~~~
even more so after I've muted it a little bit
I'm an odd one
aren't I
?


6 comments:

  1. Not odd, love, quirky. Quixotic. Quivering with creativity. And I reread your message in the "blue" post, and would add, "My kinda girl."

    ReplyDelete
  2. What a photogenic little chair! Me being me, I like the saturated red best ... but I love the transition from rich to muted. Did you muster yourself for the PINK prompt? I couldn't do it -- I'm so pinked out by my love, Ciera, that I've exhausted my creative ability with that color. She just embodies it for me now, in the flesh.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hi Beth~ As always- great pictures. I love the little wicker chair- color and all. Your new banner pics are beautiful. Have a great week~

    Patti

    ReplyDelete
  4. I love your blog! Your photographs are filled with feeling and your words lovely... Roxanne

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love this post and the musings on color. I like how you made me think about red. Oh, and of course, I love your images. Especially the second one.

    I am a red girl. For sure. But. Not all over red. I wear red lips - almost always. I carry a red purse - often. I have sassy red (comfy) heels that I wear when it rains. I have dangly, sparkly red earrings that I wear at least once a week. Right now I am sitting her in red pajamas. But, I never write in red. Too teachery, I think. Cheers to red!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Love the red page and chair. Especially muted red. I'm not much for red, either in general. Now, hot pink? That's another issue altogether! Red and snow -- four star!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth