June 7, 2008

it really did

The heavy blanket of winter
that sucked so much life out me has finally left.
It's sad to think that it's taken this long,
but it has and it did
and now I have a fresh start,
again.
~~~~~
The air around me today is humid
slightly sticky
and oh so warm
and I wouldn't want it any other way.
The strong winds are blowing
my hair everywhere,
but it's freeing up my
my thoughts
and sending them to happy places
and I feel alive again.
~~~~~
Summer is an amazing adventure.
It's not long enough,
it's never long enough
and the thought of that saddens my soul,
but
I will go outside today
soak in all the warmth this body can hold
and live in the moment.
~~~~~
Want to join me ?

5 comments:

  1. Time seems to be flying by, so I was kinda glad that at least the seasons were lingering on. May it be the same for the summer as well!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sure do. I'll bring the popsicles. Do you want grape or orange? Or do you go for the fancy flavors?

    Happy summer!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, I went outside today and all I got was a big fat headache from the heat!!!! I like Spring and Fall the best. Also, our AC is on the fritz!

    Where did that saying on the fritz come from? It sure is kind of funny!

    I am planning on staying inside tomorrow and play with art supplies!

    love
    laura

    ReplyDelete
  4. hello,

    sorry that I had not visited. mom was in town. had me working by packing up my clothes in my closet. thank GOD for moms. She was a big help. it's been a while since I have had an anxiety attack, but I know how you feel when you posted the previous. this whole moving thing has had my life in a whirlwind, in circles. not knowing the next step that will come. girl if I went outside for more then an hour here in MO I would be very toasted. do you remember those hot summers in MO.

    You take care and once I finally move which hopefully will be soon maybe we can run into each other at the Kane county flea.

    You take care of yourself and breath deeply...

    love,

    Angelica

    ReplyDelete
  5. Unbelievably great photo! I love it!

    ReplyDelete

**I love reading the comments you leave, as they make me feel like we're sitting in my kitchen, having a cup of tea, discussing life and wondering where all the time has gone ...beth